University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow School of Medicine, Scotland provides the following courses that require UCAT:
- Medicine (A100)
- Dentistry (A200)
Medicine (A100) Requirements
Interviews are allocated according to UCAT score (once minimum academic requirements and satisfactory personal statement and reference are met). The SJT subtest is not taken into account.
Reviewed prior to interview but not scored.
GCSE Requrements for University of Glasgow School of Medicine are:
- Maths - No requirements
- English - Grade 6 minimum
- Science - No requirements
- Other requiremants - No other requirements
GCSEs are not scored. Only minimum requirements needed
A-levels or Scottish Higher requirements.
SQA Higher Entry Requirements (by end of S6)
- AAAAA Higher at end of S5 (Or AAABB with successful completion of REACH Programme) + BBB Advanced Higher or AB Advanced Higher + B Higher in S6
- Additional requirements: Highers Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Mathematics.
A-level Standard Entry Requirements
- Additional requirements: A-Levels Chemistry and Biology or Physics or Mathematics.
38 points including three Higher Level subjects at 6,6,6, including Chemistry and Biology.
Graduate Applicant Degree Requirements
Minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant science degree, obtained within seven years of the entry date. Applicants whose degree was obtained more than seven years from the date of entry, or graduated in a non-science degree will be required to have A-level/Scottish Higher Chemistry and A-level/AS-level/Scottish Higher Biology to be sat within seven years of entry (minimum grades AB, or AA with AS-level Biology). Graduates with a minimum of 2.1 Honours degree obtained more than seven years ago plus a Masters or PhD in a relevant field (obtained within seven years of the entry date) may compensate for not having Higher/A-level Chemistry and Biology. Graduate applicants must also complete the UCAT and may be invited for interview.