Widening Access
to Medicine

MedEntry has a strong commitment to the community and we are passionate about widening access to education to those from disadvantaged and under-serviced groups.

We are pleased to offer 50% off our essential and premium packages for students who can provide suitable supporting evidence.

Please apply below:

Girl using laptop

Widening participation

In the UK, medicine and being a doctor has traditionally been seen as a career for the elite or privileged in society.

Despite efforts to increase gender parity and ethnic diversity among UK doctors, the lack of people from lower socio-economic backgrounds entering the profession is still a reality. Widening participation (WP) is a UK government initiative offering opportunities to groups of people who are under-represented in higher education.

Some under-represented groups include people:

  • who are the first generation to consider higher education.
  • from low socio-economic groups.
  • attending schools with low progression into higher education.
Man in meeting

Please fill in the form below to apply for a scholarship of 50% off our Essential or Premium - Individual packages.

Suitable Supporting Evidence
  • Free school meals: A letter from the student's school/college, or local council confirming that they are eligible to, or receive, free meals.
  • 6-19 bursary (England) or Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) (Scotland, Wales or NI): An official award letter for this academic year.
  • Universal credit: If the student or their parent/guardians receive Universal Credit, then they can provide a recent statement. There is an example of this on the official UCAT website.
  • Income Support/Job Seeker's Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): If the student or their parent/guardian receives this, then they can provide a letter from the UK Jobcentre Plus, dated this year.
  • Asylum Support: If the student or a parent/guardian receives this support, then they can provide a letter dated from this year.
  • Working or Child Tax Credit: If the student or a family member is in receipt of Tax Credits, then they can provide a letter dated from this year or last. The student must be named on the award.

Still Have

Contact Us